Mica colectie de citate si metafore vizuale menite sa ne trezeasca din amorteala si sa ne faca sa traim cu adevarat. Sper sa va motiveze.
1. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
4. If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh
5. Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
17. You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
18. Start living now. Stop saving the good china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God.
Mary Manin Morrissey
19. To change one’s life; Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions.
20. Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
21. There will be sleeping enough in the Grave.
22. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.
George Bernard Shaw
23. Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
24. If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and everyday you have the opportunity to write a new page.
25. Don’t make me walk when I want to fly.
26. A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them.
Leonard Louis Levinson
27. Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.
28. The best is yet to be.
29. I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply all my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.
30. We were born to succeed, not to fail.
Henry David Thoreau
31. Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Dr. Robert Schuller
32. Carpe diem. (Seize the day.)
33. Nobody ever drowned in sweat
US Marine saying
34. Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good.
Vince Lombardi (one of the most successful coaches in the history of American football in his first team meeting as Packers coach)
35. Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow.
Norman Vincent Peale
36. Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.
Winston Churchill ( In his later years, Winston Churchill was asked to give the commencement address at Oxford University. Following his introduction, he rose, went to the podium, and said the above 5 words. Then he took his seat.)
40. Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising up every time we fail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
41. It’s easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows along like a song, but the man worthwhile is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong.
48. This is what you shall do: Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God.
52. Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.
53. Celebrate your success and find humor in your failures. Don’t take yourself so seriously. Loosen up and everyone around you will loosen up. Have fun and always show enthusiasm. When all else fails, put on a costume and sing a silly song.
Sam Walton (founder of Walmart)
54. Keep your face to the sunshine and you can never see the shadow.
64. You will find, as you look back upon your life, that the moments when you really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
65. Someday, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love. Then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.